Owner: Aker Philadelphia Shipyards Inc. - Micheal Giatomasso - Director of Human Relations
Owner Representative - Project Managers
The Philadelphia Ship Yard (Kvearner/Aker)
Kitty Hawk Drive
CBD has been involved with a large number of projects for the construction and renovations of the shipyard facilities at The Philadelphia Shipyard. Commencing in 2001 CBD assisted Kvearner Philadelphia Shipyard Inc. with the construction of the shipyard. Following the initial construction, CBD continued its involvement with Kvearner (Subsequently Aker Philadelphia Shipyard Inc.) and managed additional capital projects, modifications and expansions of the facility.
CBD acted as the Owner’s Representative and managed all aspects initial planning meetings with User group, management and facilities; design management, zoning & permitting approvals, purchasing the construction, value engineering, cost management, contract preparation & management, construction oversight, close-out management. The following list of projects were managed and completed by CBD:
1. Completion of the initial construction of the ship yard
2. Development of 40,000 sf Headquarters Facility.
3. Move Planning & Coordination from trailers to New HQ.
4. Upgrades to dry docks 4 & 5
5. Manufacturing modifications to improve efficiency
6. Heavy Duty Paving & Site Improvements
7. Planning & Const. of new Lunchroom /Locker room
8. Bulkhead Jig Work Area and Enclosure Planning
9. Weld School Coordination
10. Building 52 Redevelopment for Material Control
11. Building 94 Upgrades for Materials Control
12. Luffing Crane rail extension to improve efficiency
13. New Paint Hall evaluation
14. Storage/Inventory Control Facilities Expansion
15. Planning & Construction of new Paint Drying Facility
16. Multiple Utility Expansion Projects
17. Column Removal & Hinging for Material Movement
18. Dry dock Utility Improvements
19. Pier Inspection Coordination
The following narratives and photographs summarize the related project experience of C.B. Development Services, Inc. The summaries include a brief description of the services provided by CBD, a scope overview, cost and schedule information and owner/reference contacts.
The projects highlighted represent projects that the CBD key personnel have planned and managed. Additional project experience information can be sent upon request.